WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

We are Swooning over the Oly Studio Poplar Sofa on Nest by Tamara blog

WHAT WE LOVE TODAY:

Oly Studio's, Poplar Sofa

Since last weekend was St. Patrick's Day, we are channeling green all week.  You can't really go wrong when decorating with green, and it's a soothing color.  I often stay away from too much yellow mustard-greens (except in accessories or small shots of color).  Our favorite greens are often the rich, luxurious emerald or the moody sage hues, but I'm also partial to light minty green painted walls or upholstery. 

Today, we are smitten with a chunky velvet sofa over at Oly Studio, the brand new Poplar Sofa.  I call these types of sofas "cage" sofas and I love how there are no arms and the sides are tall and encompassing.  These are my favorite sofas.  The Poplar has nice, modern, sleek tufting and is perched on ultra sleek legs and offered on an iron base with two different finishes.  A hardwood frame, the upholstery offered is many choices from leather to linen, but we love this plush velvet green. You'll need a nice, roomy space since it's 84.5" inches wide and 34.75" deep and a nice height of "35.25 high.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara